Your Sedation Dentist in Didsbury, Alberta
Your brain is designed to protect you from perceived threats or unknowns, and for many patients that includes visits to the dentist. Perhaps you just experience a mild case of butterflies or maybe you have panic attacks. Whatever your symptoms, if they prevent you from visiting the dentist, it can have a serious impact on your oral and overall wellbeing.
If your phobia is keeping you from having a healthy, dazzling smile, there’s hope!
Which Sedation Is Right For You?
At Didsbury Smiles Dental, we’re happy to work with you to help you feel relaxed during your visit. One of the ways we can help is with sedation dentistry. There are a variety of sedation methods available and Dr. Edgar Rivera can help you determine which option is best for you.
The most common types of dental sedation are:
● Nitrous Oxide Gas - Also known as “laughing gas,” this medication is inhaled through a soft nose mask to gently ease you into a state of peaceful calm. Your mind will drift and your muscles will relax. While you’ll be fully conscious, you’ll experience a warm, floaty sensation that allows you to escape from your worries and helps your treatment pass more quickly.
● Oral Anxiety-Free Medication - This medication, taken by mouth, acts quickly and targets the area of your brain that triggers your fear response. Your dose can be easily tailored to meet your relaxation needs. It’s a good idea to arrange for a friend or family member to drive you home.
If the thought of visiting the dentist makes you nervous, you’re not alone. It might surprise you just how many people experience dental phobia. You don’t have to let your anxiety keep you from enjoying a great smile, though. We’re happy to work with you, to help you relax and enjoy a great smile. At Didsbury Smiles Dental, our priority is you - and your comfort!
Is anxiety keeping you from enjoying the smile you want and deserve? Along with a warm chair-side manner, our friendly team also offers comfort sedation options to help you relax. Sedation is a great option for patients who are…
● Afraid of the drill or discomfort
● Uncomfortable with the sounds and smells at a dental practice
● Prone to panic attacks
● Worried about gagging
● Embarrassed about the condition of their teeth
● Struggling with a past traumatic dental experience
● Wanting to complete extensive treatment in a single visit
● Just want to be more comfortable during complex therapy
Our gentle sedation will free your mind from any troubling anxieties, while melting away the tension that has you tied up in knots. You’ll relax in a sea of calm and, best of all, your treatment will be over before you know it.
Sit Back And Relax
We want every visit to Didsbury Smiles Dental to be a great one for you! If you’re feeling nervous about your appointment, be sure to let us know. We’ll make every effort to work with you and accommodate your needs.
Don’t Be Embarrassed!
You might be surprised just how many people experience dental anxiety. It’s quite common and we’re happy to go the extra mile to make your visit to Didsbury Smiles Dental a great one! Call today and schedule your appointment at our Didsbury, Alberta office.
Schedule Your Appointment Today!
If dental anxiety is holding you back from a great smile, call Didsbury Smiles Dental, conveniently located in north Didsbury. We’re now accepting patients of all ages.